Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year 2010

It's 1/1/10 today.. and yea.. HAPPY NEW YEAR TO EVERYONE regardless where you are~!~ Very cool.. A New Year means there are new resolutions to be done, beginning of a new chapter of the life.. bla bla.. just it's too bad to be older not long after new year arriving... I wish everybody all good in this year ahead... and me.. I hope that I can quickly get rid of aero from my life><.. Argghh, such a pain in the ass to think about my thesis.. goshh...

Of course, before New Year comes, there's always be a NYE.. and always, NYE seems very un-boring then NY itself.. i guess everyone like to celebrate.. almost anything can be celebrated.. Me. myself is a big fan of celebration.. I just like to watch them celebrate :P.. HAHAHA..

Blogging time.. and it's obviously about the NYE celebration of mine and people of Sydney. To summarize it, NYE celebration in here in my opinion, is just a grander scale of  'staple' celebration that they have every Friday and Saturday - " to celebrate their weekend breaks i guess ><;" -... So in this blog, I am gonna to show u, some of the scenes that I witnessed...

Viv and I were at the city around 4.30 p.m. and  I parked my car at Becks house. Upon my arrival to city, the city area was just as normal as it usually be... Until half an hour later, which was 5pm, Road authority began to put road blocks on the main road (George Street) for tonight's event. So by seeing that opportunity, we took some photos on the empty street =D









Dinner for today is at FUJIYA.. Seriously I have never been there to dine despite that I have been here for 4 years ><.. and that restaurant is located at City Center, Where I always hang out with buddies... So without taking a long consideration, I just gave a try the food of the restaurant..

Looking on the menu...



Aww... "Milk-Milk" are going to have NYE celebration as well (L)




Here It comes. the soft shell crab roll, one of my favorite of all time~




Cheese baked potato with Cod Roe (Mentai Cheese).. *this is darn delicious :D



Grape and Calpis Chuhai



Crab Croquette ~




Finally some interesting decoration before we left...








Right outside the shop, we show another portion of roads are being blocked and car-free. So I took that chance to take a shot on the middle of the road :)



8:00 p.m. when we finished dinner. After having the feel that the walking to the firework display venue and waiting with the crowds would be miserable and tiring.. Viv decided to buy a pairs of sandal instead of wearing her "mid"-heel shoes :P.. So we tried to find it inside a place called World Square. Since I have bought my camera over, I think it would be a good idea to some of the photos inside considering I would not do that normally. SONY CENTRE, EASY WAY (main supplier of pearl milk tea for us) and  PUFFY (the puff cookies)...





Walking in this place did not give us what we wanted, exiting the mall and heading towards Woolworths...
The famous Three Monkey Bar



New Event Cinema, Used to be known as Greater Union...






Walking past this area, we stopped for sandals shopping..

Resuming our journey, walking straight on George Street...

We notice that the more we move forward, the denser the place would be with people...

At Queen Victoria Building QVB



Just a bus stop







Down to a giant Apple Center, largest in Southern Hemisphere i guess.. due to Australians' obsession for Apple's  product.




Let's jump the journey for now... until we arrived at the entrance to Opera House at Circular Quay........ We found that ----------......



Ohh no.. the gate was closed for entry..... damn.. and still.. people were queuing up for it..** sigh.. and looking around.. we were just wondering where to go to watch the fireworks display... People were just everywhere ><



With no other way around, the only place that we could go was the place that we went on previous year. While people were streaming in, we just followed stream to get inside. Some people were just willing to do anything to enable themselves a clear view of in front (actually there were many human heads ahead of you!!)
So they decided one good way was to climb up a tree.. not a bad idea huh~




***12:00 a.m***
***01/01/2010***

==== Fireworks Show ====









~ End of the fireworks~

After Party is the most scary part of all kind of celebration... I am not going to elaborate here.. because there's only one word can describe it.. HORRIBLE..

Finally last photos of this entry..




~The End~

1 comment:

  1. 首先,happy new year~~happy 2010~~~
    說到跨年夜,雖然很累,但是卻讓人難忘呢 ^^
    還好我有去買了脫鞋,不然可能要你揹我走回去咧
    每張照片看起來都很棒喔,尤其是那張shadow,我果然很有創意吧^^
    而且阿,我有把你拍得很帥吧 呵呵
    一想到當晚,人擠人,還站在circular quey等了快2個小時,真的是很佩服我們的毅力,真是辛苦你囉~
    不過能夠親身體驗那些壯麗的煙火,一切辛苦都有代價的
    話說要去看煙火,最好是要長得夠高,不然像我,能看到的範圍是有限的,連新鮮空氣都很難呼吸到,真羨慕你長得夠高=P
    (明年,如果要去,一定要先計劃好,我要帶椅子*認真)
    能拍到這些漂亮的照片,也算是值得的 ^^

    新的一年,將會有更多新的挑戰,一切都是未知的
    希望你可以實現你的夢想,遇到困難可以迎刃而解
    重要的是,要拍更多更多好看的照片喔~

    ReplyDelete